Here is this week's list of available goodies.
But first, a little demo on how to place your order.
How It Works:
1. Please place your order by Tuesday afternoon at 6 p.m. by sending your shopping list to (i.e., 3 lbs. fingerling potatoes, 6 beefsteak tomatoes, 2 logs lavender/honey goat cheese, etc.) with your name and address if you have not joined our delivery list yet.
2. We will send you a total due from our Paypal account (please make sure to check your Spam folder), which will include applicable taxes and the delivery charge. You can then pay instantly by using the Paypal button on the invoice, or have a check made out to La Vie Organic, or cash, available at time of delivery (which will be on Friday, with additional charge ($5) for Saturday delivery).
3. Please meet the minimum $55 order.
4. $10 delivery charge unless otherwise noted. Your shopping list and total amount will be included for perusal with your order.
5. The order can be canceled before Wednesday at 12 p.m, but not after. However, if you receive something that does not meet your standards, please let us know. We will do our very best to rectify any situation.
Here we go!
The award-winning goat cheeses at Catapano Dairy Farm are produced daily on the North Fork at this small family business. We had an opportunity to visit them a few weeks ago, and I went back the following week...I just couldn't help myself! This stuff is so good, produced by happy goats and people, and so good for you, you will want to order it again and again. A must for get-togethers.
Parsley/Basil - traditional herbed chevre
Lemon Pepper - peppery and tangy, great cooked with veggies
Garden Chive - a taste of Spring
Lavender/Honey - unbelievably delicious, on its own or with fresh berries
Cajun Spice - just hot enough
Chunky Garlic - fabulous tossed with pasta
Sun Dried Tomato - the best with crackers
Sweet Fire Roll - amazing combination of sweet and hot
4.5 oz log - $11 each
Also from Catapano, we will be offering a selection of their finest, pure soaps and creams. These are made fresh, and the scented ones are heavenly, going for much more money in New York City.
Aloe & Vitamin E (unscented, very healthy, good for men too!)
Oatmeal & Honey (warmly scented)
Country Lavender (delightful scent, for delicate skins)
Green Tea (anti-aging)
$7 per bar
Matching Hand and Body Cream
$13 per jar
Now for the out-of-the-ground freshness of the organic produce from Satur Farms on the North Fork. This business has been recently written up in the New York Times, and is the darling of all the hottest restaurants and caterers from Manhattan to Montauk. Delivered fresh to your door.
Beefsteak Tomatoes $2 each
Wild Baby Arugula 6 oz. $5
Asian Salad Mix 6 oz. $4
Asparagus $4 a bunch
Flat Leaf Parsley - all $5 a bunch
Haricots Vert 8 oz. $4
Russian Banana Fingerling Potatoes $4 a pound
Baby Mixed Carrots (orange, yellow, purple) $5 a bunch
Hearty Vegetable Mix (cut colored cauliflower, broccoli, snap peas) 16 oz. $9
Tuscan Olive Oil (this oil is so flavorful, you could drink it right out of the bottle!)750 ml. $30
We do so look forward to being able to serve you. We will update this list every week with whatever is freshest from the farms, along with specialty items as they become available.
Please place an order at firstname.lastname@example.org for fresh Hamptons delivery on May 21st, and tell your friends about LaVieOrganic.com!